Leverage Stability To Take Your Coaching Deeper – Integration of Somatics in Coaching
This is a half-day program from 8am – 12pm. The purpose of this workshop is two-fold. First is to demystify the domain of somatics as it applies to coaching and self-development. Secondly, is to introduce or clarify the concept of being stable or grounded. One metaphor for a grounded person is sailboat with a deep keel. A keel is a vertical fin that runs beneath the hull of a ship. Without its keel, a ship under sail would skitter across the surface of the water like a leaf on a pond, completely at the mercy of the wind. The depth of a ship's keel allows a ship to do three critical things.
1. It can stay a true course or change directions.
2. It can move counter to the prevailing winds.
3. It keeps the ship upright in the strongest of storms
People who have learned to effectively hold true to a North Star, in the face of opposition and naysayers and who are able to weather life’s storms well are displaying the state of stability. Coaches who embody stability can impact the lives of their clients in a powerful and deliberate manner. By using physical moment, mindfulness practices and training tools, workshop participants will learn how to embody and then work with the concept of stability in a practical and useful manner. Due to the highly participatory nature of this event, it is recommended that participants dress comfortably, ready to move and to have fun.
What Will You Learn From This Program:
1. Engaged participants will discover (or rediscover) their stability and its impact on their coaching presence.
2. Participants will be able to explain the importance of knowing the difference between center and ground.
3. Understanding this distinction will create an opening for direct communication and powerful questioning in a coaching conversation.
4. Engaged participants will increase their ability to function clearly and effectively in VUCCA* environs. (*VUCCA refers to an environment that is Volatile, Uncertain, Chaotic, Complex and Ambiguous)
5. They will leave with the tools to begin to help their clients to do the same.
Event Cost: $25 for members and $50 for non-members.
Continuing Coach Education (CCE):
3 ICF Core Competency CCEs
1 Resource Development ICF CCE
Professional bio - Chris Balsley, PCC
Chris’s professional coaching practice focuses on inspiring leaders to be the best they can be, especially in the face of adversity. By working his magic, leaders of all walks of life are able to increase their ability to inspire others and to shift their moods intentionally. He accomplishes this by demonstrating the connection between leadership and the human body, thereby teaching how to embody the ways of a leader, to listen deeply and to share a leadership message more powerfully. His client list includes Mckinsey and Co., Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories, Medtronics, Electronic Solutions inc. and MileHi Automotive a hybrid vehicle company. Additionally, Chris provided training for Magis Group LLC delivering training to 10,000 active duty soldiers deploying to Iraq and Afghanistan. He is also a veteran of the U. S. Air Force.
Chris has a MA in Psychology. He is a Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC), a Certified Massage Therapist (CMT). He has certifications in Gestalt, the Leadership Circle Profile (LCP), and Agile program management. He is a Scrum Master, a Trainer in Mckinsey inspired NHLP New Horizons Leadership Program, and a NewfieldAsia Senior Leader.